The Dritz Fix-A-Zipper is a replacement zipper slider for 5mm zippers. Use it to fix broken nylon coil sliders without replacing the entire zipper. Ideal for jackets, coats, sleeping bags, tents, purses, duffel bags and luggage. Zipper pulls break overtime and now they can be easily fixed with Fix-A-Zipper by Dritz.
How to Repair a Zipper Using Dritz Fix-A-Zipper
1) Before starting your project, confirm zipper is a Size 5 (5mm) by measuring the width of the closed teeth with a ruler.
2) Remove the broken slider by using a pair of cutting pliers.
3) Flip pull tab up toward top of slider. Insert fork of tool into middle of slider until it stops.
5) For separating (open-end zippers), start at bottom of zipper and place slider above retainer box; press jaws of slider firmly together. Insert pin into top of new slider to close zipper.
6) For non-separating (closed-end zippers), place slider over closed zipper teeth (A); press jaws of slider firmly together. If teeth are completely open (B), place slider over one side of teeth; insert other side of teeth into slider and firmly close. Be sure teeth are completely inside the slider before closing.